What is Adobe Fireworks CS6?
Adobe Fireworks is a program that is part of the Adobe Creative Suite family of products. Formerly known as Macromedia Fireworks, the program is a bitmap and vector graphics editor that is typically used to create interactive graphics and website prototypes, as well as interfaces for apps and games. It can be easily integrated with other Adobe products such as Dreamweaver and Flash for use in website design. Since it’s not necessary to know a lot of code to use the program, it’s ideal for experienced graphics designers and DIY enthusiasts alike.
About Fireworks CS6
Adobe Fireworks CS6 is the latest version of the product to be released. However, it was announced by Adobe that it will also be the last version they will release. Users will continue to be able to purchase Fireworks CS6 and use it as they would any of the other Adobe Creative Suite products. In addition, they will also be able to use Adobe Fireworks CS6 as part of Creative Cloud.
This means that users can either purchase the program for a one-time fee or pay for a monthly subscription. However, since many of the features in Fireworks overlap with programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Edge Reflow, Adobe will not create or release any new versions of Fireworks CS6 nor will they provide any updates except for bug fixes.
What’s New in Fireworks CS6
If you’re an experienced Fireworks user and have upgraded to CS6 from a previous version, such as CS5, the new features contained in CS6 will be helpful to you. We’ve listed some of the most critical upgrades below so that as you start to use Fireworks CS6, you will be sure to watch for these improvements.
- New and improved panels
- The Color Picker is now available in Fireworks so that you get just the right color that you need to use.
- New and better templates section and common library
- Advanced rendering capabilities for pixel-perfect rendering.
- Copy and paste from Fireworks to Dreamweaver. Import and export to Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Easier to use vector and bitmap graphic tools
- Increased CSS support
- And more
Edge family of products no longer actively developed
On September 30, 2019 we will remove all Adobe Edge products from Creative Cloud. Read on for more information.
Adobe Edge Tools & Services were launched in 2012 as a way for Adobe to develop and experiment with a set of task-focused, lightweight apps for responsive web design, cross-browser testing, and HTML5 animation. Web designers and developers have been receptive, but have consistently asked for tighter integration with our existing tools and workflows.
To focus efforts and resources on implementing this feedback, Edge Reflow, Edge Inspect, and Edge Animate are no longer being actively developed. We continue to work on bringing their core capabilities to our industry-leading creative tools, with ongoing support for open web standards. Here are some examples of the work that is already underway:
- Dreamweaver recently combined innovative visual aids inspired by Edge Reflow with first-class support for the Bootstrap framework, making it the premier tool for responsive web design.
- As announced in our MAX conference in October 2018, responsive design is available in Adobe XD for designers who don’t want to code.
- Device Preview in Photoshop and Dreamweaver makes it easy to preview and inspect websites or mobile app designs on actual devices, a key feature in Edge Inspect.
- Flash Professional (now Adobe Animate), our flagship vector animation tool, was rewritten from the ground up over the past few years to natively support HTML5 Canvas and WebGL, while continuing to support Flash formats. It can also output to any format, such as SVG , with an extensible architecture.
- In 2016, Dreamweaver will be integrating the open source editor Brackets to provide a fully modernized coding environment.
We are excited about supporting next generation technologies and HTML5 capabilities in our flagship tools. With the ultimate goal of helping our customers achieve their goals on the web, mobile and beyond.