What is AngularDart?
AngularDart is a client-side framework for creating structured web applications in Dart. AngularDart is somewhat similar to AngularJS but it differs in implementation, takes advantage of Dart features such as classes and annotation.
AngularDart is an open source project built on the Dart Web platform. For the latest AngularDart documentation, see the doc directory of the dart-lang/angular project.
Used in production
- Components can be reused
- Data Binding feature
- Deep linking
- Form validation
- Dependency Injection
Dart Version of AngularJS Framework By Google
- The framework feels more like idiomatic Dart.
- It makes use of Dart features that couldn’t work with the TypeScript flavor.
- It is very fast as compared to AngularJS.
AngularDart VS AngularJS
- The expression language is supported by both the versions.
- The parser used in the AngularDart is a direct port of AngularJS and the difference between the two is that AngularDart supports multiple backends.
- The compiler used in AngularDart is completely rewritten, which means that directives behave differently and there is a difference between ‘structural’ and ‘decorative’ directives.
- In AngularDart, link/compile functions are replaced with an apply function.
- The attribute maps concept is available on AngularDart and not on AngularJS.
Developers Opted for AngularDart
For developers, this doesn’t have many changes about how you use API’s, it fixes issues faster. Same template syntax and same API will be shared by both the versions and you will have the freedom to submit pull requests in the language that you know best, and changes can be made and reviewed without the burden of compilation and cross-compatibility with downstream languages.
Angular Dart source code is cleaner and more Dart-y, for Dart developers. With a dedicated team of Dart experts, developers will be able to resolve issues more quickly and finally update all of the documentation with a Dart focus. Developers will be able to use many Dart-specific features that weren’t compatible with the TypeScript flavor.
The AngularDart was designed not just to be a programming language, but also for set of stable libraries, solid tools and a great framework.