What is Swift?
Writing code is interactive and fun, the syntax is concise yet expressive, and apps run lightning-fast. Swift is ready for your next iOS and OS X project — or for addition into your current app — because Swift code works side-by-side with Objective-C.
The powerful programming language that is also easy to learn.
Swift is a powerful and intuitive programming language for MacOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS and beyond. Writing Swift code is interactive and fun, the syntax is concise yet expressive, and Swift includes modern features developers love. Swift code is safe by design, yet also produces software that runs lightning-fast.
- Module stability defines a new text-based module interface file that describes the API of a binary framework.
- Property wrappers introduce a general purpose syntax for defining custom access patterns for property values.
- Opaque result types help hide implementation details in APIs.
- ‘Self’ can now be used for classes and value types.
- Support for handling and updating diffs on collections of appropriate types.
- Improvements to SIMD and String types.