Voyager is a Laravel Admin Package that includes BREAD(CRUD) operations, a media manager, menu builder, and much more.
What it is
- An admin interface for your Laravel app
- An easy way to add/edit/delete data for your app
- A menu builder (build menus in Voyager for your app)
- A media manager for your files
- CRUD/BREAD generator (learn more about BREAD here)
Voyager is simply an admin for your Laravel app. Whatever you want your app to do on the front-end is completely up to you. You are in control of your application and you can use Voyager to make your life easier by adding data, editing users, creating menus, and many other administrative tasks.
What it isn’t
- A content management system, CMS
- A blogging platform
- WordPress (Bleh! 😜)
Voyager is not a CMS or a blogging platform. But it can be used to create a CMS or a blogging platform, but out of the box it is neither of those. As stated in the previous section you have full control on what your application will do and how it will function.
With Laravel & Voyager you can create any kind of application your heart desires. Laravel & Voyager are simply tools to make it easier to build.