What is Zend?
It is your proven PHP IDE, that can be used as a standalone solution or used with Zend Server as a wholly integrated solution.
All-in-One Application Server
Zend Server includes ZendPHP Enterprise and PHP monitoring and debugging tools to ensure fast app performance — all backed by enterprise support with SLA options.
Secured and Supported PHP
ZendPHP Enterprise provides certified PHP runtimes with added security and comprehensive support for at least five years after their initial release.
Support for Laminas
Laminas Enterprise Support from Zend provides long-term, consultative support for the Laminas PHP framework (formerly Zend Framework) and its subprojects.
The State of PHP Report
According to W3Tech, 80% of the world’s websites use PHP. See what developers have to say about how they’re using PHP today, and what their plans are for the future in this report.
Explore Zend Server’s Features
Zend Server includes a certified PHP Stack. Based on the Zend Server edition you choose, you can take advantage of:
- ZendPHP versions 5.6 and newer.
- PHP support including 5-year code support and 24x7x365 options.
- Zend Server support including 24x7x365 options.
- Automated PHP updates and patches, included with Zend Server updates.
With Z-Ray, you can easily debug mobile and web services by:
- Seeing a high-level view of your sites’ metrics.
- Analyzing detailed data about PHP page requests and database queries.
- Monitoring events such as PHP-errors, high memory usage, and slow request execution.
- Recording and analyzing specific users’ sessions without affecting server performance or exposing sensitive data.
- Using the Z-Ray extensibility API to support custom apps and frameworks.
URL Insights captures detailed reports about PHP page traffic and performance, including metrics indicating:
- The most popular URLs.
- Requests with the longest server-processing times.
- Requests with the longest user-response times.
- Detailed insights about specific URLs.
Code Tracing records and plays back the execution history of your PHP applications, so you can:
- Gain deep insight into step-by-step PHP execution and flows via dashboards.
- Automatically record and monitor event workflows.
- Manually record an application’s execution flow to streamline troubleshooting.
- View the call tree for a selected event or trace file.
Job Queue provides offline asynchronous processing of PHP tasks and job-management tools, so you can:
- Delay execution of “heavy” parts of web applications that originate from users’ web interactions, to help improve response times and reduce web server load.
- Track batch jobs, including their status, execution time, and output.
- Implement different schedule strategies based on time, job priorities, and dependencies.
- Gather and improve run-time statistics.
With the Zend Server Deployment tool, you can:
- Streamline and automate application deployments on servers, clusters, and specific cluster nodes.
- Minimize failures and ensure consistency across development, staging, and production environments by using deployment packages with your code, scripts, dependencies, metadata, and installation parameters.
- Deploy apps manually from Zend Server or using a custom continuous-delivery cycle built with Zend Server APIs.
- Update applications without requiring a web server restart to maintain 100% uptime.
Session Clustering provides fault-tolerant, high-performing, session-storage tools for PHP clusters, so you can:
- Improve linear scalability and simplify cluster setup.
- Avoid setting up servers in addition to your front-end web servers.
- Improve load balancing and performance.
- Boost system availability by ensuring session continuity — even if an outage occurs.
With Data Cache, you can boost app performance by:
- Caching the entire output of PHP scripts or script elements for specified durations.
- Caching different types of data, including strings, arrays, objects, and sensitive information such as credit card numbers or addresses.
- Caching items in shared memory, on disk, or in namespaces.
- Collecting cache reports and using analytics to add and correct rules that improve caching.
You can seamlessly extend the capabilities of Zend Server so that it interoperates with other software solutions by taking advantage of:
- Plugins for more than 75 PHP-based products including WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Joomla, Zend Framework, Apigility, Laravel, Symfony, Doctrine2, Redis, OPcache, MariaDB, and LoS Modules.
- API extensions for creating your own plugins.